While there’ve been great cameras from recent years and beyond, they can’t stop receiving updates. You want to be sure that your home is safe when you’re out to work, travel, or simply on a vacation. There are a lot of household surveillance cameras out there, and from the look of things it can be really hard to pick the best. Which is why we’ve decided to help out. From the clearest to the top-rated security cameras, we’ve got you covered. Read on as we dive into the best home security cameras in 2024.
- 1 Best Home Security Cameras In 2024
- 1.1 Best Overall – Eufy SoloCam S340
- 1.2 Best Monitored – SimpliSafe Wireless Outdoor Security Camera Package
- 1.3 Best For Indoor – Google Nest Cam indoor/outdoor cam
- 1.4 Best Resolution – Arlo
- 1.5 Best Wireless & Storage – Swann AllSecure650 2K Wireless Security Kit
- 1.6 Best Value – Blink Video Doorbell
- 1.7 Best For Person Detection – Ecobee SmartCamera
- 2 Best Outdoor Surveillance Camera
- 3 Clearest home security cameras
Best Home Security Cameras In 2024
When you’re contemplating choosing the best security camera for your home this year, here are things you should consider:
- High Resolution.
- A wonderful field view.
- Great Storage capacity.
- Compatibility with other home tech.
And our 2024 top-rated home security cameras have them all.
- Best Overall – Eufy SoloCam S340
- Best Monitored – SimpliSafe Wireless Outdoor Security Camera Package
- Best For Indoor – Google Nest Cam indoor/outdoor cam
- Best Resolution – Arlo
- Best Wireless – Swann AllSecure650 2K Wireless Security Kit
- Best Value – Blink Video Doorbell
- Best For Person Detection – Ecobee SmartCamera
Best Overall – Eufy SoloCam S340
We pick this as the overall best, due to all the features it packs and it making a great investment of £179. It has a camera resolution of 2K telephoto and 3K wide angle, which is wonderful and satisfying, alongside its field view covering 135 degrees. The security camera comes with an 8 GB onboard system storage capacity, and I think that’s pretty decent. Its compatibility with Google Assistant and Alexa is what uplifts the overall quality.
- What We like: It has quick-acting motion tracking and above-average video quality.
- What We don’t like: Nothing to criticize about it.
Best Monitored – SimpliSafe Wireless Outdoor Security Camera Package
The SimpliSafe security cam is built with full HD image quality and has a 140-degree field view. It all comes at £125.99. You’ll get a smart Alexa and Google Assistant integration (only with a monitoring subscription). The storage is cloud-based and will be priced at $4.99 per month for unlimited recording (videos are stored only for 30 days).
- What We Like: You get a 24/7 monitored security system
- What We Don’t Like: Very expensive and largely useless without a subscription.
Best For Indoor – Google Nest Cam indoor/outdoor cam
When we hear Google on a product name, we’re expecting something great, as Google itself is a reputable brand, right? The Nest cam isn’t bad itself, even though it comes with a full HD camera resolution and a 135-degree field view. This indoor or outdoor home security cam costs around £179.99 and thanks to its considerable feature set and onboard storage, certain users won’t feel the need to pay for a subscription.
- What We like: You get a three-hour recording capability and lots of free useful features.
- What We don’t like: The need for an optional stand for table placement indoors and just a 3-month battery life.
Best Resolution – Arlo
The Arlo home security camera is our best pick for image quality because it comes with a 4k resolution and up to 180 degrees of field view. Very crazy right? I know! It has cloud storage and is compatible with Google Home and Alexa. The craziest part is that it offers a wide range of camera options. And all this comes at $299.
- What We Like: It is 100% wireless and can be installed anywhere.
- What We Don’t Like: Even with its camera option, it’s not sufficient for complete home security.
Best Wireless & Storage – Swann AllSecure650 2K Wireless Security Kit
This particular home security camera starts at £499.95. With that, you’re getting a 2k image quality with a 105-degree field view. And for the recording capacity, the Swann hub kills it with a huge 1TB of in-built storage, which is pretty impressive. And if you’d like to know, it is compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant.
- What We Like: It has a 1TB hub that stores up to two years of free recordings.
- What We don’t like: It is long-winded and complex to install.
Blink security cameras are always known for their affordable price, with this particular one costing less than £60. For the price, it comes with a full HD camera resolution and a field view of 135 degrees. These cameras receive 7,200 seconds of cloud storage or unlimited storage when covered by a Plus plan. And lastly, it is integrated with Alexa.
- What We Like: It is pretty decent for its price, most especially its 2-year battery life.
- What We don’t like: The image quality Isn’t detailed enough.
Best For Person Detection – Ecobee SmartCamera
If you don’t find 1080 resolution to be bad for a person’s detection, then the Ecobee SmartCamera makes a wise investment. You’ll also get a field view of up to 180 degrees. This security camera is compatible with Alexa and Apple HomeKit, which is pretty great. But the storage is where things get bad. And it comes at $129.99.
- What We Like: Infrared night vision
- What We Don’t Like: No local storage and free cloud storage.
Best Outdoor Surveillance Camera
What if you don’t need the security camera for anything else than for outdoor surveillance? Well, here are our top picks:
- Best Overall – Arlo
- Best Technology – Lorex
- Best DIY Outdoor Cam – Nest
- Best Outdoor Security Camera for Alexa – Ring
- Best with Local Video Storage – Wyze Cam Outdoor v2
- Most Affordable – Blink Outdoor
Clearest home security cameras
Okay, let’s say all you’re looking for are the clearest home security cameras with 4k resolution.
- Best Overall 4K Home Security Camera – Lorex
- Best Outdoor 4K Camera-like Video Quality – Nest Cam (battery)
- Best Indoor Camera with 4K-like Video Quality – Nest Cam (wired)
- Most Affordable 4K Camera – Swann SWDVK-445802V
We hope this article is able to help you decide on your purchase of the best home security cameras in 2024. Let us know what your decision is in the comment, and make sure you share this post with others too. Thank you for your time.